The Cyprus Science University Library seeks to provide students and researchers with the infrastructure and support required to access academic literature and resources in all relevant fields. The library is committed to maximising use of electronic resources and to providing dedicated support to users.
CSU Library seeks to be at the forefront of the technological revolution in contemporary library practice, and the consequent redefining of the transformation of the traditional library into a dynamic, community-based learning centre.
- Open access sharing of knowledge and research
- Research ethics and integrity
- Intellectual copyright
- Research and career skills development
Click On heading text to view drop-down information.
Hard Copy Books and Textbooks
- Purchase, store and make available for loan a limited number of useful hard copy materials.
- Archive textbook sets.
- Establish and maintain a closed reference section.
Inter-Library Loans, Collaborations and Memberships
- Increase access to hard copy materials through inter-library loans and access agreements.
- Evaluate and propose memberships of relevant academic and research organizations.
Digital Research Access
- Evaluate and develop access at the University to digital research archives and databases.
- Establish and maintain remote access policies and procedures.
- Purchase and make available appropriate academic software, including automated referencing and citation tools, statistical packages, and plagiarism detection software.
- Provide training in the use of these softwares as appropriate.
- Provide and maintain sufficient number of computer workstations for use by students and researchers.
- Provide photocopying, scanning and printing facilities for student and researcher use.
- Provide appropriate environment for use of audio-visual equipment.
University Research Archive
- Maintain a hard-copy and digital archive/repository of all academic work conducted under the name and auspices of CSU.
- Provide access to students and researchers to library facilities for study in a well-resourced, comfortable and quiet environment.
- Provide access for community use as agreed.
- Provide evening and weekend access as agreed.
- Provide orientation and training to users.
- Assess and implement methods of community engagement and service.
- Catalogue in hard and soft copy format all library materials
- Evaluate and subscribe to key journals in program areas, and a defined set of magazines and journals.
- Evaluate and subscribe to resources that will assist users in developing future academic and professional plans.
- Provide careers services as agreed.
- Oversee the licensing, purchasing and use of all materials at CSU within a framework that avoids any infringement of intellectual copyright.
Community and Extra-Curricular Engagement
- Explore and implement ways to engage the local community in library-based activity, e.g. Through reading circles.
- Offer extra-curricular activities to CSU students in the shape of work experience, library clubs, book clubs etc.
In addition to its physical library, CSU has established an online library through its MOODLE platform. This can be accessed through student.kiu.edu.tr